how we helped transform Getvanilla
Getvanilla had traded for 7 years as a mildly successful independent design business run by its founder and owner, who had enjoyed a career working within the creative sector. The whole premise of the company was built on access to a single senior designer offering digital consultancy, but the presentation was hamstrung by being seen as a freelancer rather than a viable alternative to small agencies. This combined with a business name that didn't properly represent what design services were available and a reticence to step back and see the bigger picture, needed to be addressed.
- Completely rebrand and rename the business
- Analyse all existing design services, methodolgy and process
- Change the company culture from inward looking to outward focused
- Emphasise the vast digital experience built up over the last two decades
- Decide on the best-practice stack, to provide clients with a coherent reason to work together
A name change in 2018 to DUAL Digital Design Ltd, was the first small step in what became a radical interrogation of existing practices, culminating in an overhaul of the entire business. A completely new brand identity, colour scheme and visual language was developed, combined with an evolution to a customer-centric focus and decision to build everything on the foundations of the digital website platform Webflow.
- A radically new image and direction for the brand
- A coherent business plan to guide UK expansion followed by inroads into Portugal and Spain
- Teaming up with likeminded creatives from across Europe
- Marketing of an all-in-one Rebrand package aimed at growing businesses, with an emphasis on strategic thinking not just execution
- Focus on 6 complimentary creative services